Education of foreign students
Citizens of foreign states are accepted to the IIEL on common basis for admission.
Citizens of foreign states, besides the documents mentioned in the rules of admission of the IIEL are to represent the following additional documents: *
- National passport (or a notarized copy of birth certificate);
- a notarized copy of the document on education; medical certificate of health, certified by an official health care of the sending country, or received in Moscow (or the location of the the area of the IIEL);
- certificate of absence of HIV infection (prescription of receipt shall not exceed 3 months).
Documents of foreign countries, based on international treaties according to Russian documents of general secondary (full) education, are accepted for admission to educational institutions of the Russian Federation without going through the procedure of recognition and equivalence in the Russian Federation.
In accordance with education documents issued by the educational institutions of former Soviet republics, Rosobrnadzor informs that the documents are the accepted in the equivalence to state documents relevant to Russian documents on the basic general education or secondary (full) education, issued by the educational institutions of all former Soviet republics, except the Republic of Uzbekistan. (Letter to the Federal Service for Supervision in Education and Science (Rosobrnadzor) from 23.05.2011, № 02-114).
All education documents issued by foreign countries (except CIS countries) must have an apostille (stamp).
State documents on the average (full) general education received in these countries, are provided to the IIEL in the original with a notarized translation into Russian. The text of the translation must be certified by a notary office or the Russian Consulate of the Russian Federation in the country issuing the document on education.
Citizens who have mastered in secondary schools of Turkmenistan educational programs with the regulatory period of not less than 10 years are allowed to enter the IIEL. The nine year school document of education from Turkmenistan school does not give the right to study at the IIEL.
Nostrification procedure is carried out in accordance with the procedure of recognition and equivalence in the Russian Federation of international documents on education (Order of Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation of 14.04.2009 № 128).
An applicant personally sends a letter by mail to the following address: 115419, Moscow, St. Ordzhonikidze, 11 building 9, FSSI "Glaveksperttsentr" (Tel. (495) 6498072,) with the following attached documents:
- personal statement to the agency with an obligatory indication of the reasons for which this nostrification is necessary (study or work).
- the original certificate of education with your application.
- two certified copies of education **
attaching the translation into Russian.
- notarized copy of pages 1 and 2 passport translated into Russian.
FSSI "Glaveksperttsentr" sends the address of the applicant's receipt of payment and address details of examination.
For more information, please visit: firstname.lastname@example.org
* — These documents must be translated into Russian and certified by a Russian notary or consulate of the Russian Federation in the country of issuance.
** — Citizens who have partial or incomplete higher education, also provide the original certificate of incomplete higher education or academic certificate.
For questions contact from 9:00 to 17:00, except Sundays.
In Moscow: Rubtsovskaya emb., 3, building.1
Tel: +7(495) 232-28-94, 742-90-86, 742-90-79
In the regions: see "IIEL in the regions."